What Is Melasma?
Melasma is a common skin problem. It causes brownish and sometimes gray-brown patches on the skin. People usually get it on their cheeks, bridge of the nose, forehead and upper lips.
Women are more prone to melasma, as it mostly occurs in women during their pregnancy, due to which it is also called as ‘mask of pregnancy’.
Causes of Melasma:
1.What causes melasma is still not clear. It is likely to occur when the color making cells in the skin produce too much color. People with colored skin are more prone to melasma as they have more active melanocytes than people with light skin.
2. Stimulation of melanocytes by female sex hormones such as estrogen and progesterone also cause melasma.
3. Sometimes melasma is also linked to thyroid disease.
4. Irrational use of skin care products also linked to melasma.
Treatment for melasma:
There are various treatments that are possible for Melasma:
1. Melasma clears with sunscreen usage and sun avoidance.
2. For some people, the discoloration with melasma may disappear following pregnancy or if birth control pills and hormone therapy are discontinued.
3. Use of dermal peels which include Hydroquinone(HQ) a depigmenting agent can help with melasma.
4. Laser therapy: this therapy is for both high and deeper level Melasma. It uses Q-switched laser to remove the affected skin.
Why Nubello Aesthetics?
- Multiple reputed specialist doctors with 10+ years of experience
- More than 20,000 satisfied patients
- International State of art equipment
- Customized Approach to every patient.
At Nubello Aesthetics, specialist doctors provide customized treatment as per the needs of the patient. With state of art technology equipment, Nubello makes the entire process of Melasma treatment an easy and comfortable one. Finance option for loans and EMI are available for all the patients.