What Is Acne?
Acne Vulgaris also known by the common name Acne. It is a long term skin disease which occurs when hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells and oils from the skin. It normally affects the skin where large number of oil glands are present such as face, back and sometimes the upper part of the chest. The resulting appearance can lead to reduced self esteem, anxiety and sometimes depression.
Causes of Acne:
There are various causes of acne which can range from genetics to medications. The various causes of acne are:
1. Genetics: This can be a cause for acne as a theory suggests that rate of acne can be high amongst twins and first degree relatives eg: if a mother has acne then the possibility of acne infection is high in son/daughter.
2. Hormones: They also play a major role in acne as the possibility of acne is more during puberty when the hormonal changes take place in the body. An increase in sex hormones called androgens causes the skin follicle glands to grow larger and make more oily sebum. Hormonal activities such as menstrual cycle also cause acne in women.
3. Diet: The relationship between acne and diet is still unclear. But foods with high glycemic loads such as pastas, burgers and other fast foods i.e with high carbohydrate content is known to cause acne.
4. Stress: Few high-quality studies show that stress causes acne. While the connection between acne and stress is still uncertain but studies show that stress causes increase in hormonal levels which results in acne.
5. Environmental Factors: Pollutions, severe climatic conditions are also known to cause acne.
6. Medications: Several mediations are known to cause acne such as lithium, hydantoin, isoniazid, glucocorticoids.
Treatment of Acne:
Acne though not a life threatening but certainly has a effect on the face and certainly the wellbeing of the person whether male/female. Depending upon the severity of the acne various treatments and home remedies can be done.
1. Medication: Various medicines such as resorcinol, benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid can be used to treat acne.
2. washing of face with warm water and mild soap especially fro acne twice a day.
3. Avoiding popping of pimples as ut leads to scarring.
4. If acne is on the back, shoulders, or chest, try wearing loose clothing to let the skin breathe. Avoid tight garments, such as headbands, caps, and scarves, or wash them regularly if used.
5. Cosmetic treatments such as laser therapy, derma rollers for scarring can be done.
6. Changes in diet and abstaining from eating certain foods can also work.
Why Nubello Aesthetics?
- Multiple reputed specialist doctors with 10+ years of experience
- More than 20,000 satisfied patients
- International State of art equipment
- Customized Approach to every patient.
At Nubello Aesthetics, specialist doctors provide customized treatment as per the needs of the patient. With state of art technology equipment, Nubello makes the entire process of acne treatment an easy and comfortable one. Finance option for loans and EMI are available for all the patients.