What Is Pityriasis amiantacea?
Pityriasis Amiantacea is also called Tinea Amiantacea which results in hair fall due to sticking of highly dense scales which penetrate and surround the bottom of scalp.
It was first discovered by Alibert in 1832. The target area for Pityriasis Amiantacea is the scalp. Shiny asbestos like dense scales gets attached in lower layers of shaft. The scales encircle and get attached to tufts of hair. The condition can be localized or can cover the entire scalp. A major blunder that can occur with Pityriasis Amiantacea is wrong diagnosis. Because many times it is confused with psoriasis, lichen planus or seborrhoeic dermatitis. Pityriasis amiantacea is caused due to scalp psoriasis, seborrhoeic eczema or atopic eczema.
Cause of Pityriasis amiantacea – Pityriasis amiantacea is a condition which is caused not due to factors such as unhealthy lifestyle or other reasons but due to diseases such as:
- Scalp psoriasis.
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis.
- Atopic dermatitis.
- Tinea capitis.
Treatment of Pityriasis amiantacea –
- Organic or mineral oils such as olive oil helps in loosing of scales.
- leave-on creams, wash-off shampoos which include coal tar, salicylic acid and sulphur may assist in the reduction of inflammation.
- Frequent courses of steroids are useful for the treatment of psoriasis and other types of dermatitis as it often leads to Pityriasis amiantacea.
- Antifungal shampoos such as ketoconazole or ciclopirox are often prescribed and helpful for seborrhoeic dermatitis.
- Oral antifungal agents are given in case of tinea capitis.
- In case of bacterial infection oral antibiotics may be given.
Why Nubello Aesthetics?
- Multiple reputed specialist doctors with 10+ years of experience
- More than 20,000 satisfied patients
- International State of art equipment
- Customized Approach to every patient.
At Nubello Aesthetics, specialist doctors provide customized treatment as per the needs of the patient. With state of art technology equipment, Nubello makes the entire process of pityriasis amiantacea treatment an easy and comfortable one. Finance option for loans and EMI are available for all the patients.